More pictures on second page
1. Rick Hocking 13(Yam); 2. Ron Hinton 45(Yam); 3. Dom Demacio 55a(Hon);
4. Rodger Bowerman 32r(Yam); 5.Brad Spencer 7m(Yam). 6. Rod Lake 98(Yam).
1. Butch Cochran 80y(Tri); 2. Gary Davis 89t(Tri); 3. Chris Rudy 87m(H-D);
4. Daryl Foster 45n (BSA); 5. Joe DiSalvo 48d(BSA); 6. Chris Apple 95a(Tri).
1. Ken Netto 33y(C-A); 2. Tom Horton 55(Hon); 3. Brad Spencer 32m(Kaw);
4. Jeff Lessley 12e(Bul); 5. Clark Sumner 19L(Tri).
1. Mike Van Lienden 20r(BSA); 2. Joel Sweeney 18r(BSA); 3. Micky Alzola 49(Tri);
4. Steve Lacey 27t(Hon); 5. Bill Flett 71L(Tri); 6. Tom DiSalvo 88p(Tri); 7. Marty Lewis 0d(Tri);
8. Warren Adams 58u(Bul).
1. Tom Horton 55(Hon); 2. Brad Spencer 7m(Kaw); 3. Paul Herman 68(Yam);
4. Dom Demerio 55a(Hon); 5. David Morgan 77e(Hon); 6. Alan Shaw 97w(Tri).
1. Tom Horton 55(OSS); 2. Jeff Lessley 12e(Bul).
1. Gary Davis 89t(BSA); 2. Chris Rudy 89(Mat); 3. Alan Shaw (Tri);
4. Jeff Apple (H-D); 5. Gary Swan (Tri).
SUPER SENIOR +60
SUPER SENIOR +60
1. Mickey Alzola 49(Tri); 2. Wayne Sumner 61y(BSA); 3. Jim Chisum 39L(BSA);
4. Larry Madrigal 7t(BSA); 5. Hank Cosio 50n(BSA); Larry Melton 3m(BSA).
SUPER SENIOR +60 NOV
SUPER SENIOR. +60 NOV
1. Gary Swan 44n(Tri). 2. Michael Hunt 9h(BSA); 60uGerald Spencer (Tri).
1. Ken Netto 33y(C-A); 2. Nick Nassisi 88(Bul) 3. Jeff Lessley 12e(Bul); 4. Tom Horton 55(Bul).
1 Rod Spencer 49(Tri); 2. Tom Horton 55(Yam); 3. Mike Van Lienden 20r(BSA);
4; John Proto 83c(Yam); 5. Marty Lewis 0d(Tri); 6. Bill Flett 71L(Tri); 7. Clark Sumner 19L(Tri);
8. Daryl Foster 45n(Tri); 9. Joe McCoy 3(Tri); 10. Dean Wise 3x(Tri); 11. Joe DiSalvo 48d(BSA).
600 SEMI PRO
600 SEMI PRO
1. Ronnie Brown 47(Yam); 2. Rob Damron 1(Hus); 3. Trapper McDaniel 50(Kaw);
4. Dante D'Ambruso 80(W-R).
1. Rick Hocking 13(Yam); 2. Steve Hall 26s(Yam). 3. Dante D'Ambruso 80(W-R).
4. Craig Rodgers 98(W-R).
1. Rod Lake 98(Yam). 2. Anthony Demario 12(Yam); 3. Bob Casey 6(Yam);
4. Greg Ghione 154(Kaw); 5. Rod McCollough 56(Suz); 6. Tony Rose 240e(Yam).
7. Brad Spencer Jr.7m(Hon); 8. Danielle Garcia 11y(Yam).
1. Randy Beienan 5y; 2. Tony Rose 24; 3.Kurt Mairiner 39;
4. James Abrams 24d; 5. David Aspinweil 97; 6. Brad Spencer Jr 7m.
1. Emerson Condon 222; 2. Michael Schlamp 100
XR100 STOCK UNDER 16
XR100 STOCK UNDER 16
1. Rodney Spencer 98; 2. Mike Rush 113s.
Hollister, CA August 8th.
The Santa Clara Riders Unlimited held a AHRMA regional TT on the original Hollister TT track were many of northern California’s flat trackers grew up. The track was groomed to perfection and grooved up into an excellent tradition steeplechase course. Former national number and now Bay Area resident Rick Hocking, went flag to flag in the days lead off the event, Seventies Singles. Rod Lake dropped his Yamaha at the right hander on the first lap, and Brad Spencer went into the tree turn to hot on the second lap, with the same results as Lake. On the sixth lap, Paul Herman and Dom Demario tragled, resulting in a DNF for Herman. The race settled down for the final four laps, as Hocking's Yamaha pulled out a big lead over Yamaha rider Ron Hinton. Long time SCRU member Butch Cochran, on a Triumph Twin, holeshotted the Classic Open main. Cochrans graceful arching slides on the left hand turn before the finish line were a real crowd pleaser. Gary Davis on another Triumph, and Chris Rudy's Harley followed Cochran to the checker.
The Vet +35 class saw four veteran AHRMA racers put on a riding clinic. Can-Am mounted Ken Netto lead Brad Spenser's Bighorn Kawasaki down the back straight from the start. Jeff Lessley, on a Bultaco, held third over Tom Hortons XL Honda. Horton passed Lessley going down the back straight on the third lap, while Spencer was appling pressure to Netto on every corner. On the sixth go round, Horton dove inside both Netto and Spencer at the tree turn, but only his pass of Spencer stuck, as Netto rode to the next corner in the lead. Two laps later, Horton again dove on Netto in the same corner, this time bumping and making the pass. Horton waved Netto back around, but Spencer also, grabbed a position. Horton was able to nip Spencer on the long back straight, but not enought time was left was to work on Netto's flying Can-Am.
Senior favorate, Mike Van Lienden, drew the irer of the very tuff starter and was sent to the back row before the flag ever fell. Steve Lacy held the front position until Joel Sweeney motored by on the second lap. Van Lienden roared through the pack and passed Sweeney by the forth lap. Marty Lewis nipped Sweeney at the tree turn on lap 7, only to have an exhaust pipe come adrift and end his charge. The finishing order was Van Lienden, Sweeney, Micky Alzola, and Lacey. The combined Classic 500-250 race saw the 500 class start on the front row and take the early lead. By mid race Tom Horton on an OSSA and Jeff Lessley's Bultaco, hauled into first and second overall positions. Gold Star rider Gary Davis and Chris Rudy, on a Matchless, finished 1-2 in the on the 500's.
Nine Super Seniors +60 took the green flag for their 10 lap main. Triumph riders Micky Alzola and Novice Gary Swan won their respective classes in a sea of BSA's. Wayne Sumner pushed Alzola the whole event, but was never able to pass. Can-Am pilot Ken Netto holeshotted the Vet +35 main over Bultaco riders Jeff Lessley, Tom Horton and Nick Nazzisi. Horton pulled of the track on the second lap as his front brake went away. Nazzisi passed Lessley on the out side of the tree turn on the last lap, and held on for second place.
The Sportsman 750 main event was almost anticlimactic, as the second 750 heat had to be the race of the day. Yamaha riders John Proto and Tom Horton did battle with Triumph mounted Rod Spencer, who won the heat. Mike Van Lienden's BSA was thrown into the mix for the main as he was first up the hill at the start. Spencer nipped Van Lienden on the inside of the right hander on the second lap and was never headed. Horton and Proto fought over third, as Spencer motored away. Horton managed a pass on Van Lienden on the white flag lap, but Spencer was gone. Final order was Spencer, Horton, Van Lienden, Proto, and Marty Lewis.
Ronnie Brown won the Pro class, while Rick Hocking bested the 600 Support, and Rod Lake finished first in a large 500 Support field. Randy Beleman finished first in the XR100 race, and Rodney Spencer held off Mike Rush in Under 16 XR100 event.
pictures on second page